Sunday, 11 November 2012

These are a few of my favourite things

I came to the realization last week that I watch a lot of television. I started listing off all the shows I watch, and I now understand why I'm constantly parked on the couch or laying in bed with my laptop.

As I type, I'm watching The Walking Dead with my mom, we're mentally preparing ourselves for the new episode tonight. I love zombies, and I'm trying to ease myself into more horror and scary things. I also watch True Blood for this reason. I now no longer have a problem with blood and gore.

I also watch drama. I really like Grey's Anatomy, and have been watching it since first season. Cristina is by far my favourite, and I really wish I could be more like her. I like to think some day I'll be as bad-ass as her. I find I identify with Merideth more though.

I really love Sci-Fi too though. I'm a Whovian, although I've only seen the new seasons. I plan to watch the older ones once exams are over. David Tennant is probably my favourite doctor, and Martha and Rose are probably my favourite companions, although I will always have a soft spot for Amy and Rory.

On Friday nights I watch Haven and Warehouse 13, more Sci-Fi shows. I haven't been watching them for very long, but I'm hooked!

Occasionally I watch Glee (usually when I'm procrastinating!) and I like America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, and RuPaul's Drag Race as guilty pleasures.

So basically I sit around a lot, invest a whole whack of my time in fictional characters, and replace socializing with real people with watching fictional people live out their lives. And that's all okay by me.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The first time I ever watched Drag Race, I was a new student at Purdue. I had just transferred there and, on one Saturday or something, they played the entire season. (It was either season 1 or 2.) I thought it was fantastic, and I loved to watch it and see everyone transform! It's a guilty pleasure for me, too, that show. :)