Saturday, 8 December 2012

My Heart, It Burns!

Today I woke up with the worst heartburn I've had in a long time. I've been suffering from pretty severe heartburn since I was first hospitalized and put on some super strong medications. Doctor after doctor has given me antacids but they work little, if at all. I've cut out most of the fun things in my diet, and only drink 2-3 pots of tea a day (a huge downgrade from my usual 7-8 pots).

I can't be the only one who suffers with heartburn so bad I can't sleep, can't think, can't do much but lay in bed. I thought it had died down when it was only a dull ache all day but this morning was killer.

Is there something I'm missing?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

One of my best friends from high school has really bad heartburn, too. He's had it since he was 14 or so. He actually has one of those beds that can tilt upwards, so he basically sleeps sitting up to help relieve him of the pain. Other than avoiding certain foods and taking a daily pill, I don't know what else he does.