Monday, 18 February 2013

I am Obsessed

My reading week started this weekend, so I have a whole week off to do whatever I want. I'm going to a bunch of museums and the car show in Toronto in a few days. However, I decided that since I have some free time, I would bust out my Sims 3 games.

I don't know if anyone other than me plays the Sims (people definitely do or they wouldn't keep making expansion packs), but I've been playing since the first Sims (2000) and even though I go through cycles of playing it, here I am now with it loading on my desktop. I'll save the hassle and poorly worded explanations and just give you the wikipedia explanation:

The games in The Sims series are more of a sandbox game in that they lack any defined goals. The player creates virtual people called "Sims" and places them in houses and helps direct their moods and satisfy their desires. Players can either place their Sims in pre-constructed homes or build them themselves. Each successive expansion pack and game in the series augmented what the player could do with their Sims.

So basically, I'm their God and I control their lives and everything they do. It's very different from a lot of games in that it's open-ended and there aren't any set things you have to do. I think I'm just very bad at completing quests and things like that in other games so this works for me.

I'm currently doing a bunch of challenges, which is where I set out to get 10 generations with various points and rules. So basically if I don't update this thing, you can assume that's what I'm doing.

Oh! And happy Family Day to all the Ontarians out there!

No comments: