Wednesday, 13 February 2013

This is a post about Luna


No, not this Luna, although that is where my Luna got her name from.


This is a picture of when she was just a baby, she has grown a lot since then. She's my African Pygmy Hedgehog, and she is also the love of my life. She's getting close to one year old, she was born on February 22, 2012. 

Like all hedgehogs, she has moods, and some days she is grumpy and doesn't want to uncurl out of her ball. She "huffs" when she's angry, which basically sounds like she is hyperventilating. She doesn't bite, but if you rub her quills the wrong way, you'll be in for a shock.


See how angry she looks? This was at Christmas, you can tell she is bigger than before. If you look closely, you can see her nose. It doesn't hurt or anything to hold her this way, her belly is all soft fur.


She loves her baths, and you can see her feet when she sits like this. Her feet are surprisingly long, but she can pull them up into her ball if she wants to.


This isn't a very good picture (ugh webcams), but you can see how big she is right now.

Anyway, I could post a million pictures of her. She is so cute, and she is NOT related to a porcupine! If you have any questions about hedgehogs, let me know. Other than that, be sure to marvel over how adorable she is!

5 comments:

JoKnows said...

Luna is absolutely adorable! I found your blog via The Closet Intellectual, but it's funny because I'm in Ontario too. I actually lived in Waterloo for a year while going to Laurier. Small world. :) Jo

Benlovesting said...

Extremely adorable!!!

Louisa said...

Oh my goodness, too much cuteness! I didn't know you could actually have a pet hedgehog... I WANT ONE!!!

Melissa said...

What a cutie!!

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

his little lady said...

Okay, you definitely need to post more pictures because she is absolutely adorable! I love where you got her name from. And I'm always so worried, how to people not hurt themselves holding hedgehogs?!?!?
xo TJ