Thursday, 27 November 2014

Why I Hate The Internet: FHRITP

A disturbing trend has picked up steam online.

It all started with a video where prankster John Cain pretended to be a journalist reporting on a missing woman when he accidentally says he'd "f--k her right in the p---y." The video went viral, and now people are harassing female reporters, yelling the phrase while these women are reporting on air.

I'm disgusted. I saw the video a while ago, and while I didn't really think it was funny, I also didn't think anything of it.

Now people (almost always men) are targeting these women in their workplace, ruining their broadcasts and demeaning them in front of their audience. It's scary, it's hurtful, and it's completely disgusting. What kind of person thinks this okay? What kind of person does this?

Sometimes I hate the internet and what it spreads.


And I'm not even linking the video.

No comments: